On the first day of lockdown I moved into a new house within 5km of The Carrot's Tail. The vegan café quickly became a fortnightly highlight for me and my housemates. In this episode, I talk to Sebastian, one of the founders of the business, about his personal journey to veganism to the running of the café.
Give them a follow on Instagram @thecarrotstail or Facebook. Don't forget to rate, review, share, and if you can, please support this podcast on Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/bookofleaves) or Buy Me a Coffee (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/BOOKOFLEAVES). <3
- (02:45) Sebastian introduces himself.
- (04:55)How the switch to environmentalism and veganism came about for Sebastian.
- (09:35) How & why The Carrot's Tail came about.
- (13:20) The relationship with other vegan businesses in Dublin.
- (15:30) Addressing the balance of supporting small businesses and vegan options in big chains.
- (18:50) The initial reception The Carrot's Tail received when opened.
- (23:45) How they feel about the future post lockdown.
- (26:35) Tips for managing food waste at home or commercially.
- (34:10) Tips for anyone wanting to reduce their animal product intake or go vegan.
This episode is also available on YouTube. Check out www.bookofleavespodcast.com for more! x