For episode 41 I chatted to McKinley, a co-founder of Pax Wholefoods & Eco Goods store in Westport, County Mayo. We cover her journey from Kentucky to Tequila to cloth nappies, all will be explained in the chat... Today, the 7th of December 2020, is also Pax's second birthday! So join me in wishing them all the best and here's to many more.
Dear Green Santa is happening at the moment. Tag @dear_green_santa for more!
Don't forget to rate, review, share, and if you can, please support this podcast on Patreon ( https://www.patreon.com/bookofleaves ) or Buy Me a Coffee ( https://www.buymeacoffee.com/BOOKOFLEAVES ). More on: http://bookofleavespodcast.com/
- [04:25] Growing up in Kentucky.
- [11:45] Coming to Ireland.
- [14:05] Meeting Kirstin, the co-founder of Pax.
- [15:25] Setting up a business from scratch as the first local eco store.
- [18:55] Dublin vs Countryside in eco-consciousness.
- [21:45] How the pandemic affected business.
- [26:05] Tips for an eco Christmas this 2020!
- [29:55] McKinley's experience with cloth nappies (her kids that is, not herself...lol...).
- [32:25] The Edible Landscape Project.
- [35:35] How McKinley deals with eco anxiety (and the recent USA election anxiety!).
- [38:35] 2nd birthday plans?