More on www.bookofleavespodcast.com
- (04:50) What inspired We Are The Ark.
- (08:05) Where the name came from.
- (09:00) The importance of putting a sign on your ark.
- (11:25) How much land is 'enough' for an ark.
- (13:30) What it means to be a guardian of the earth as opposed to gardener.
- (16:00) Is an ark compatible with pets and children?
- (19:00) Getting an ark started.
- (22:40) Giving sovereignty back to the land.
- (25:00) Growing food in a wild garden. Learn more about forest gardening here!
- (30:35) Restoring your land to what it was before.
- (34:20) How to go about turning public or government land into arks.
- (36:30) How we can make sure our artificial outside lights stop damaging wildlife.
- (38:45) Closing thoughts from Mary.
- (43:20) What we need going forward to get systematic change.
- The Garden Awakenin book;
- Mary's TEDx Talk.
- From What Is to What If by Rob Hopkins.
- Extinction Rebellion.
If you like this episode, you'll also like:
- Episode 12 Why it’s time to join the Rebellion- Cormac Nugent, Extinction Rebellion.
- Episode 15 Bringing Biodiversity Back into your Garden or Balcony- Collie Ennis.
- Episode 25 Bia Hero & Grow Your Own Food – Sinéad, XR.