Collie Ennis is a fellow podcaster (check out The Critter Shed!), Science officer with the Herpetological Society of Ireland and a research associate at Trinity University Dublin. He's also a great laugh to have the chats with and a fountain of knowledge. We delve into all things critter related in this episode.
In particular we cover:
- How Collie came to work with critters.
- How important invertebrates are to biodiversity.
- Why invertebrates are struggling today.
- How climate change is affecting them.
- The hidden species of Ireland from newts to toads.
- How to easily turn your garden or balcony into a haven for invertebrates on rented or owned land.
- What happened at the Tallaght Wetlands.
- Advice as a community member on how to protect a local patch of land, vital to species, threatened by development.
- Working with neighbours to turn estate greens into bio-diverse areas.
- Growing food in a garden full of bugs.
Let me know what you think of this episode and don't forget to rate, review and share!